Monday, April 28, 2014

I Am Not Going to My Job Today...

...and I haven blogged in a few weeks. Mostly because I knew that I had this job coming up and I was trying to get as much programming done before I went into training. Last week, I finished the RoR tutorial that I was working on: www.belozi1973.com, but I didn't get much else done.

I started reading Rails 3 in Action, but it was frustrating trying to read on the train with my connection going in and out and not actually being in front of a computer. Anyway, it feels right to be back on my program, again. I decided sometime between last night and this morining that I wasn't going back in. Don't get me wrong, the job was fun, the people were cool, and there was lots of money there to be made, but it was something that would have required me to put a lot of time in to learning and it was taking up way too much of my time to not be programming. I started learning to program because that is the field that I want to work in. Getting side tracked by something else is something that I'm not going to do. Also, it was a sales job that required me to sit at a desk and cold call people all day. Still it was a tough decision for me.

The plan now is to use the Michael Hartl RoR tutorial to build something new and read Rails in Action to get a better understanding of how to use it. This is probably enough for now. Time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment