Sunday, February 16, 2014

...finally.

Well, I finally finished TBoR. I had a few issues...that's why it's been a few days since my last entry. Thursday, night/morning, when I usually do these, my Windows Operating system went into what I thought was an infinite loop of updating my computer. After that, the whole House of Cards thing happened, so OBVIOUSLY, I had to watch the whole season of that.


In between the distractions, though, I finally got it done:

In this book I've covered a lot of ground—from “hello world” to dynamic programming. You've explored most of the important and powerful features of the Ruby language. The rest is up to you. This is where the adventure really begins. - The Book of Ruby
The last chapter, Dynamic Programming, wasn't exactly as exciting as I thought that it would be, but now I'm excited about actually building stuff using Ruby. I've actually already started on something that I can use to practice. I also plan on doing the challenges at <code_eval> and, maybe, redoing the exercises at Code Academy.

It seems like so much longer than 2 weeks since I started that book, and now it's over and the real learning can begin. Even though I didn't work on my coding as much as normal over the past few days, I think that the break was good.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming week, I found another meet-up in Atlanta called Nerd Club in Grant Park, on Thursday, so I'll most likely be going to that.  As long as I take care of business this week, I should have an awesome weekend coming up, seeing as I've been invited to parties on both Friday and Saturday. There is a strong possibility that my entry on Friday night may get interesting, so I'm going to preemptively go ahead and advise you not to read that one now, if it happens.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment