Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"Snowstorm"

They cancelled the two meet-ups that I was going to this week due to an impending snowstorm that has yet to materialize.  It was supposed to start snowing already, but apparently, that's been cancelled, as well.

I'm reading Chapter 19, now, in TBoR, and it's becoming apparent that I just need to push through and finish this book, so I can start back from the beginning of Ruby. I plan to finish this book by tomorrow, so it's pretty much all I'm going to be doing for the rest of the night. Learning new things is always the boring part of anything, mostly. It's the applying the part that becomes both fun a frustrating.

At this point in my "learning" the Rails isn't working as advertised and this is really what I'm having a problem with. I was trying to work along with the book, but this version of TBoR was written for versions of both Ruby and RoR, which is making the whole process...challenging.  I'm one of those A type personalities that likes to understand completely what I'm doing at all times so the urge to start over is driving me to complete this book ASAP. The good thing is that I have a much better understanding of what I need to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment