Sunday, February 9, 2014

Getting there...

I spent the lion's share of my day, yesterday, watching this: The Story of Science...I regret nothing.

I did a little bit of reading, though, and I caught up today.  So basically, what I'm trying to say is that I'm on Chapter 19 of The Book of Ruby. I also feeling better about where I am. To celebrate, I started building my first app/program. I can't do much, but I think this is going to be the first step of my learning where my actual programming ability starts growing.

I haven't started spending a lot of time coding, yet, because I told myself that I need to finish reading the book before I dive in a start spending too much time. The reason that I'm doing this is because, not only will it give me incentive to finish the last two chapters, but when I go back through the book looking for answers, I will have a comprehensive idea of what's in that book and what I need to look elsewhere for. Plus the next two chapters are about Rails and Dynamic Programming, which both sound dope.

I've experimented with Rails a little bit, but I can't get it to work properly so once I've finished reading this book, I can dive into that a little more, as well. Anyway, I'm excited again about learning this stuff. Sometimes, you just have to push through the boring stuff until you get to the other side. Generally, when you work hard on something and put in the effort, it's worth it.  Especially, when it's something that you enjoy doing.  I'm pretty sure that nothing exists in life that is all fun; everything in life has an aspect that sucks no matter how awesome it is.  If you don't believe me go record a song, or play a sport, or start a business...or take a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment