Thursday, February 20, 2014

Making Progress

I'm still going and getting more comfortable with ruby; I'm about 70% of the way through the Code Academy stuff, now.

 I've been working more on my program and doing a lot of thinking it through. The more I do it, the more I'm enjoying programming. It's much better when you know more about the language and don't have to spend 5 to 10 minutes thinking about basic syntax.

Investing time in learning something useful that you can apply is completely worth it.

I'm really looking forward to this meet up tonight. I can't wait to get my Rails set-up, so I can start doing those tutorials and maybe I'll  meet some cool people, too. This is coming at a good time in the learning process, for me: I won't be just sitting there like a deer in the headlights, and I may actually have some good questions. I just looked up the location, it's going to be here: Octane.  28 people have RSVP'd so it should be pretty cool.  It looks like there are a lot of pretty new people, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment